04 May 2007

A Response from Garth Turner's Offices

I'm actually a little surprised I got a response from my MP on the Shane Doan issue ... didn't think I would. Or, at the least, this quickly.

Here's what the response was:

Thank you for sending an email to Hon. Garth Turner, P.C., MP for Halton where you indicate your opinion on the controversy over Shane Doan being named as captain of Team Canada.

Garth has asked me to advise you that he agrees with you 100%. He feels this is a total waste of time, engineered by the Bloc Quebecois. Rest assured, as your MP, Garth is not spending a single minute on this issue. He feels there are more important issues to worry about.

For your information a petition website has been started which Garth has posted to his website http://www.garth.ca/weblog/2007/05/03/doan-petition/ or visit www.savedoan.ca

Thanks again for taking the time to contact Garth Turner, MP for Halton and allowing us the opportunity to respond to your concern.


I've signed ... as has my wife. I think we need to send a message to those who think they understand the people they work for and seem to think they have the right to speak for all Canadians.

No comments: