02 January 2007

Start of a New Year

So, you're wondering ... where the hell did he disappear to?

Well, I've had a lot of personal things to take care of. They've taken up a lot of my time. Chief amongst them is a new job. I'm now doing sales for a software company. I just completed my first quarter and was able to reach 145% of my goal.

I'm very proud of this, as none of the other 4 sales associates broke 100% of their first quarter quota when they began working for this company. I had a number of nice deals, including one with a financial institution that amounted to a credit card transaction for $33,000 USD!!! That sounds incredible on it's own, but then I realized that they're the Visa company ... it's their card!

The holidays weren't much of a relaxation, I'm afraid. First, my wife lost her 104-year old grandmother just before Christmas. To compound those emotions, we were unable to go to her memorial as we both got sick and wound up in bed for a couple of days. Then, we had her nephew and niece and their 2 kids over for New Years. We quickly realized how grateful we were NOT to have children.

Officially, our house has been declared a "KIDS FREE ZONE"!!!!!!!!

It's 8 pm and we're both about to go to bed. Sad, isn't it?

No comments: